User roles determine the access and capabilities of the users you add to your WordPress website. You can add unlimited users to CloudCanvas and by default the following roles are available. You can, however, add more roles and even customise these roles.
Types of Roles
- Administrator – Full control over everything including site payments.
- Editor – Has access to all posts, pages, portfolios, media, comments, tags and categories.
- Author – Can write, upload media, edit and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – Can write their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – Has no access to the site admin.
For more details on the WordPress user roles please view the WordPress Codex documentation.